• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

~~~A fun time, had taken my Widdle Gween Machine over to a guy Bowmanville on Saturday AM to weld the crack in the lower part of the bow, and he did a great job, at a great price, calls me at 5:30 says I can come and get my baby, so I did. Got up Sunday AM to start screwing down the Deck, some screws went in easy and others were a pain. Biggest problem I have is it's an American made boat, ad the Screws are a #8 stainless steel with fine threads, and a flat Philips head. I was hoping to gets some extra, screws but we live in Canada, and we only use Robinsons headed screws. I also need a extra 5" on my arm, so I can bolt down the Bow Plate.

~~~~~OOPS sorry were you down wind of me

#2 D-Wayne

D-Wayne

5 Stars

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Don't ever bitch about Robin screw head fasteners. Never a better screwdriver fastener head made
My Bass Cat is a rare American made vessel that use Robinson head fasteners.
Help preserve our fishing legacy , practice fishing CPR
"Catch, Picture, & Release"

#3 K.C.

K.C.

5 Stars

• Members
  • 5,260 posts
  • LocationMarkham

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:06 PM

How did the welding go Bill?  Any pictures?

Hooksets are free.

#4 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

~~~~Weld went well nice and smooth, had her out last weekend she ran great not bad for a 20year old boat, sorry don't know how to down load from camera, Check my FB page William Eakins

~~~~~OOPS sorry were you down wind of me

#5 Roe+

Roe+

4 Stars

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationMississauga

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

I've always used Robertson screws (stainless) when working on boats. Phillips or Standard are garbage because they are proned to slip especially ifthey are slightly corroded. You can findthem in the same sizes at Home Depot, Home Hardware and some Canadian Tire stores.

Roe+

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name