• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 walleyedreamerjr

walleyedreamerjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

Just to let fellow anglers know that the Muskoka area has 1-3 inches of ice on smaller lakes (all depends on the lake) and a skim of ice on bigger lake like lake Muskoka. There was about 6-8 inches of snow on Friday and when i left on Sunday evening i would say the snow was around 1ft 1/2. srry no pics

#2 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

~~~Thanks bud, checked out Reily yet

~~~~~OOPS sorry were you down wind of me

#3 walleyedreamerjr

walleyedreamerjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

Not bothering to fish it this year. Too many times skunked with bitter cold weather.

#4 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

~~~~OOO I know that well, looken at hitten Jack this New Years, for some Crappies, also last year was driving around Chemong, and saw some 20 huts in one area phishen for Crappies

#5 K.C.

K.C.

5 Stars

• Members
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationMarkham

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

Can't confirm this 100%  but  a fairly reliable source said he inched his way on Lake St. John and caught 6 mediocre Crappie.

He also said he was crazy to go out there.  In other words don't go out quite yet.

Hooksets are free.

#6 D-Wayne

D-Wayne

5 Stars

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • LocationEastern Ontario

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

Atv through Bay of Quinte Christmas Day.
Help preserve our fishing legacy , practice fishing CPR
"Catch, Picture, & Release"

#7 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:17 PM

~~~Headen out to Tweed to phish Lake Stoco new years day, booked into local motel for the Sunday night

#8 walleyedreamerjr

walleyedreamerjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

I was out on lake St. John off airport road on Tuesday December 27 and had 6 inches of ice. I went out for 2 hours in the morning and didn't catch anything. The weather was also bad with the gusty wind. in addition, I didn't have bait. Went out on couchiching on the 30 of December with my dad for 2 hours in the evening with bad weather again. Damn wind. Anyways we fished from 3:30pm to about 5:30pm ended up catching 2 mediocre perch and one nice Jambo. We also lost a northern. I would assume it's size being around 2 or 3 pounds. Lake couch had between 6-8 inches of ice. I couldn't get an accurate measurement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name