• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

~~~~Paul and I spent a lot of time just crusing real slow, the water was so clear, and the lack of wind, we could see down to 38' and see a few bass spoking away from us. you could see the weed clumps, rocks, drop offs. Didn't need an underwater camera, if I had a Polorized Leds for my camera I would have gotten some great shots.
~~~~~OOPS sorry were you down wind of me

#2 K.C.

K.C.

5 Stars

• Members
  • 5,272 posts
  • LocationMarkham

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Don't confuse "Clean" with "Clear" OP.

Based on Ontario’s sport fish contaminant monitoring data used in the Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish, levels of contaminants such as PCBs,

DDT, and dioxins and furans in sport fish (e.g., lake trout, walleye and whitefish) have decreased or remained stable over the last 10 to 15 years.

Levels of these contaminants in Lake Simcoe fish are generally equal to or lower than levels found in Great Lakes fish. However, mercury levels in whitefish from Lake Simcoe have actually increased slightly, possibly due to changes in lake food web structure. The Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish shows which fish are safe and at what quantities.

The 2011/2012 Guide to eating Sportfish for Lake Simcoe states that the general population can eat (per month):

Whitefish

8 up to 22" in length

4 up to 26" in length

Lake Trout

8 lake trout up to 20" in length

4 lake trout up to 24" in length

2 lake trout up to 28" in length

1 lake trout greater than 30" in length

Yellow Perch

8 Yellow Perch up to 12" in length

Only eight 12" or less perch a month allowed for consumption :unsure:

Hooksets are free.

#3 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

5 Stars

• Members
  • 4,366 posts
  • LocationPhysically in Toronto, mentally in Hawaii!!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:45 AM

If I'm not mistaken, these are serving numbers and not the number of fish.

These servings are also with skin, dark meat, dorsal fat and belly fat removed. I can't specifically remember what the serving size was...but I think it was 6oz dressed?

Also, this fact I remembered specially. If you are allowed...

Lake Whitefish -> 8 up to 22" in length

Lake Trout -> 2 lake trout up to 28" in length

It does not mean you can have 8 servings of Lake Whitefish PLUS 2 servings of Lake Trout per month.

Rather...You can have a total of certain serving limits in a month...which means...

4 servings of Lake Whitefish PLUS 1 serving of Lake Trout...

Or 8 servings of Lake Whitefish PLUS 0 servings of Lake Trout...

Or 0 servings of Lake Whitefish PLUS 2 servings of Lake Trout...

It's a total of serving limits, not servings per fish species, that needs to be considered.

Just a note of caution. :wink: Read the guide carefully!

http://muskiebaitadv...es.blogspot.ca/

Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger.

Life List: 387 species and counting...

#4 oldphart

oldphart

5 Stars

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

~~~~Sorry buds I did mean CLEAR. and if I read you right your saying if I staple my Fillets together to get 12" I can have 8 of these a month, does it matter if I mix up the right side fillet with a left side, or di they all have to be the same.
~~~~~OOPS sorry were you down wind of me

#5 stinger

stinger

5 Stars

• Moderators
  • 3,587 posts
  • LocationGTA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

~~~~Sorry buds I did mean CLEAR. and if I read you right your saying if I staple my Fillets together to get 12" I can have 8 of these a month, does it matter if I mix up the right side fillet with a left side, or di they all have to be the same.

:lol: you're the best OP :lol: excellent humor bud :lol:
I wonder when they will print an eating guide to farm raised fish we buy for "safe consumption"
I cringe when I read how they raise Tilapia, Basa and even that nice pink salmon we get from the supermarket.
moderation is the key IMO, as long as you trim out the fat etc and don't feed your family on regular bases with that stuff.... too much of anything will hurt you in a long run....even the very best.
I love a feed of perch once or twice a year, especially from cold waters of early spring.
most of my brain cells are dead from having too much fun in my young age, I can't blame the poor fishes for that :lol:
Posted Image
If a man speaks in the woods, miles from the nearest woman...is he still wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2018 Your Company Name